As well as writing stories, I very much enjoy reading them.
During my Bachelor at Uni, I completed a few classes that involved critiquing other people’s work. While I am not an editor, I do have a pretty strong knack for picking up on character inconsistencies, plot holes, dialogue issues, readability and story structure problems.
While other people in my class were picking up on misused punctuation or grammar problems, I was asking if the off-side character introduced with half a chapter’s worth of description was ever going to come back into the story, and if not, could the focus be more on characters that were going to be in the story.
It’s the little things that don’t seem quite right that put a reader off, and while some readers aren’t sure what it is about a story that has made them decide to stop reading, I spent my years in Creative Writing learning exactly what that reason was.
Thus, I would like to put this knack of mine to good use.
I am now offering a beta-read service.
– $50 (40,000 to 80,000 words)
– $80 (80,000 to 100,000 words).
– $120 (100,000 to 150,000).
– Two readings of your manuscript.
– A report of your strengths and weaknesses.
– Suggested improvements (please note that these are suggestions only, as the writer you must trust your own instinct regarding your story).
– Reaction as a reader to story, characters and setting.
– Three weeks from receipt of payment.
Does NOT include editing.
To enquire or book my Beta Servies please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org